New diversion feeders from Duncraft!

February 14, 2011

Squirrels are so smart!  It seems they love the challenge of getting your birds’ seed, and try every conceivable antic to land on your bird feeder.  And they seem to like a challenge when it comes to their own feeders too.  You’ll love watching all the cute tricks your squirrels will use when they pursue corn and treats on Duncraft’s new squirrel diversion feeders. They’re sure to keep your squirrels occupied for hours and out of your birdseed!

Our new “squirrel chair” is made with Eco-friendly, recycled plastic.  This is a great material that’s easy to keep clean and lasts a lifetime.  Load it up with an ear of corn–underneath is a basket where you can put seed cakes or whole peanuts in the shell.

Put up a Squirrel Twirl Feeder and watch your squirrels outsmart the spinning ears of corn. The Squirrel Twirl is made with high-impact plastic.  Skewer on four ears of corn and watch the fun begin!

Have you ever seen a squirrel on a Teeter Totter?  You will now! Duncraft’s Corn and Suet Teeter goes up and down just like the playground ride–except this one holds yummy treats.  Skewer on two corn cobs–you can fill the basket with anything you like, whole peanuts in the shell, suet or seed cakes.  Made with Eco-friendly, recycled plastic, it will last for years and your squirrels will love you for it!

Try a squirrel diversion feeder–you’ll get hours of entertainment and you’ll save some bird seed!

raine March 14, 2011 at 10:13 pm

I am wondering if this would attract squires to my area. I don’t want them camping out at my house.

Sharon March 15, 2011 at 8:33 am

The up to twenty of these buggars that have almost destroyed my interest in bird feeding don’t seem to care much for corn,it’s always the waste that I rake up.I have just given up on feeders and have just thrown out a plastic plate with critter food in it ,further away from my bird feeder…sort of helps but they know.Feeders probably work if you have a couple but I have enough that could very well probably start their own neighborhood.

Duncraft March 16, 2011 at 7:46 am

Raine,
If you don’t want squirrels, I wouldn’t advise feeding them at all. Once they discover you have food, they’ll be back everyday!

Judy March 23, 2011 at 10:01 pm

I have a very determined squirrel that never quits trying to get the birdseed. There’s a mom and three female babies from last summer. But the one small female is nuts. I had to take down the feeder on the pole because she jumps on it until the thing starts swaying and open up. Then I put the window feeder up and she stretches up and grabs on to the edge and pulls herself up and crawls inside, lays down and eats until I chase her. She’s really tough to chase, I tap on the window and she turns her back to me. I have to open the window to make her leave. I thought the hot pepper would deter her, but I think she likes it! I even put extra powdered cayenne pepper on top of the feed and she still comes. She even got the pepper in their eyes, and rolled around on the grass rubbing her face to get the pepper off, but then she comes right back. I wish she wasn’t so damn cute. She’s making me crazyyyyyy! I put nuts and peanut butter by the tree and she takes the nuts and hides them and then eats the peanut butter and comes to eat the bird food. Got any ideas anyone?

TJ April 13, 2011 at 10:02 am

“I HATE TREE-RATS!!!”

Doc Layton April 13, 2011 at 6:45 pm

I gave them their own private playground. Ears of corn, peanuts and sunflower seeds,and made all my bird feeders with all side clear plexaglass, with holes just big enough for small birds to get in.